PIEVE DI SAN LEOLINO (RIGNANO SULL’ARNO)
Just 7.9 km from here…
The church, which shows many typical elements of 11th-12th century Romanesque architecture, is designed on three naves, divided by arches resting on square-shaped pilasters and closed by apses, with the walls and the lower part of the bell tower in limestone and local sandstone. The present structure of the Parish Church of San Leolino at Rignano in fact dates from this period, replacing an earlier church that was mentioned for the first time in a document of 1008. The lords of Castiglionchio and Volognano were the patrons of the church in the 15th century.